Sunday, October 23, 2005

Post-game Soundbites

Andy Reid on going for it on fourth down late in the fourth quarter from their own 30:
"I thought we needed to get the first down, keep the thing driving. We had a long fiend in front of us. I wanted to make sure we kept the drive going. In hind-site, I didn't look very smart on that one."

Reid on not getting the field goal team on the field at the end of the first half:
"I blew it. I called a route that I shouldn't have done. I should have put all of the receivers in the end zone and I didn't do that. That won't happen again."

Quintin Mikell on the blocked field goal:
"We have been getting pressure off the right side. I went to coach [John Harbaugh] and said we need to come off that side and he said, 'Okay, let's go.' We went out there and Juqua Thomas came in there hard, Rod Hood came in off the edge hard and pulled both guys out and it was wide open for me. Then Matt [Ware] got it and out ran everyone."

Matt Ware on how he saw the play develop:
"I saw the ball snapped. I came up field, because I was supposed to contain and the ball hit and took a super-nice bounce. I thought, "Man, this is it, right here." I just grabbed it up and started running and all the guys started blocking. I was looking out of the corner of my eyes making sure no one was going to catch me, high knees and pumping my arms."

Donovan McNabb on whether he was frustrated by some of the incompletions in the game:
"I wasn't frustrated by some of the incompletions. When you get completions and then something happens; a mistake, a penalty, or whatever it may be that brings you back, that's something we can't do offensively."

Brian Dawkins on what the victory does to the Eagles morale:
"It gets us back on the winning side of things first of all. It gets the confidence level going back into our favor. It shows that the week before last was a fluke. You guys [media] might as well throw that tape out if you try to review film on us."

Brian Westbrook on the offense throwing the ball 25 straight times during one stretch and whether a team can win like that:
"Can we win? Is that what happened today? I guess so. We found a way to win and that's what good teams do."

1 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andy Reid's play calling has become extremely predictable and boring. Whether we like it or not, we must committ to a running game in order to actually Suprise someone with a pass play or play action. The run sets up the pass. The league has figured us out. It's time to get back to basics. Additionally, Donavan needs to run to get short yardage 1st downs!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home